When I was out walking the dog late last night, I got myself a little treat:
I rescued this chair from the curbside (luckily it was only a couple blocks from home as I had only one hand to carry as the other hand was holding doggy's leash!) At first I thought there was nothing wrong with it except a couple of small stains on the fabric. I wasn't too concerned about that as I was already planning to recover it. Upon further inspection, I discovered the seat is no longer attached, and furthermore, the seat is cracked almost in half (only visible from the bottom, of course!) I consider these all minor problems, as the rest of the chair is still quite sturdy (in like-new condition, really). It will fit in nicely with all the other pine furniture around here. I already have the fabric to recover the seat and back (from a very large set of curtains from our old apartment). I was also toying with the idea of putting some small casters on the legs as I really want a chair with swivel capacity for our office (I have an "H" configured work area, and it really needs a swivel chair - the (very) old one broke!) I'll have to consult my hubby to see if this idea is at all practical or not. I also need to get him to make a new plywood seat for me to cover over!
My New Planner Layout
8 hours ago