Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Fabulous Freecycle "Finds"

I love our local Freecycle group! I have met some people online who have had not-so-great freecycling experiences, but our group here in Hamilton works very well. We have given away many items that we no longer needed (in particular, lots of clothes and toys my kids had outgrown). Last year, we were fortunate enough to receive a washing machine through freecycle when ours bit the dust.

This year, we've already gotten some great stuff even though 2007 has only been around for just over a week! My hubby got 3 new dress shirts in fantastic condition (he'd been mentioning he needed new shirts just a few days before these ones were posted to our group!) Yesterday, I received a new faucet aerator and low flow showerhead (both of which were on my Home Depot shopping list as part of my goal to reduce water usage this year) and some Depeche Mode CD's (recent urge to listen to some of the music I was really "into" back in my high school days..) Even better, the woman who offered me the aerator, showerhead, and CDs posted a request for some fitness items I was just getting ready to post to freecycle, so I passed them on to her.

Quite the haul for the first week of the new year! I'm particularly pleased about the aerator and showerhead - I got them for free, and they're going to save me money in the future by reducing my water usage. Can't get much more frugal than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails