Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Slow Start to Yard Sale Season

Today was the day I've been eagerly awaiting for months...the official start of yard sale season in my neck of the woods. It was a beautiful morning (that in itself was quite exciting after the weeks of cold, rainy weather we've had!) and I had two church rummage sales plus a couple of yard sales on my list to check out.

While of course I had fun exploring the sales, there was not a lot of exciting merchandise to be had. I purchased a couple of items at the first sale on my route, and that was it for the morning!

Here's what I came home with:

 Four glass bowls and a wooden tray; I paid $1.00 for the lot. 

I use these small glass bowls constantly in my kitchen and never seem to have enough of them (plus the occasional one gets broken, so I'm always keeping an eye out for replacements).  I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with the wooden tray yet; it may well be used to assemble a gift basket in the future.

That's it for this week! Have you found any great yard sale bargains yet this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails