Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #27


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!

Breakfasts: banana chocolate chip muffins, granola, leftover cornbread, French toast

Lunches: Toad-in-the-Hole, pizza, leftovers

Dinners: 

Monday: Barbecued pork chops with spicy rub, macaroni & cheese, peas and carrots

Tuesday: Black Bean Chili, cornbread

Wednesday: Lentil soup, leftover cornbread

Thursday: Chicken paprika, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots

Friday: Western Omelette Wraps, clementines

Saturday: Hot dogs, parmesan & herb noodles and sauce, apple, carrot and cucumber slices

Sunday: Meatballs with leftover sauce from chicken paprika, creamy polenta, honey-orange roasted root vegetables

For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

  1. love the omelet wraps they sound great my teens love wraps and we all love omelets sounds like i Will have to try these

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @shopannies: Hope your tribe loves the omelette wraps as much as mine does!

    @Amy: Thanks for inviting me to your "smackdown". I'm not sure if I have any cookie recipes posted, but I'll see what I can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails