Monday, October 30, 2006

Sew Inspired

Today I spent some time surfing around the Little Brown Dress website. I am totally intrigued by this project, and it's inspired me to work towards creating a more "recycled" wardrobe. I've been meaning to improve my sewing skills for ages but have never gotten around to it - it looks like now is finally the time! I put a bunch of sewing books on hold at the library so we'll see how it goes. I did sew for a bit in my teens (a pair of pants, some shorts and a couple of other things), and come to think of it, I made a very nice shower curtain about 12 years ago (that's still in use and looking great today!) so it's not like I've never done it - it just seems *so* long ago and I feel like I'm back to absolute total beginner status again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails