Judging by how quickly these are disappearing from my kitchen, this one is a winner! The rhubarb is from our CSA share.
Time: 20 minutes prep
20 minutes baking
Makes 12 muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, soda, powder and salt. Mix well.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine egg, vanilla, oil, buttermilk and rhubarb.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add rhubarb mixture and gently stir until just moistened.
4. Spoon mixture into greased muffin cups.
5. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffin tops, pressing topping lightly into muffin batter.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
"Use What You've Got" Tip:
-If you don't have buttermilk on hand, put 1/2 tbsp vinegar in the bottom of your measuring cup, then add regular milk to make 3/4 cup
-I've also used half milk/half plain yogurt or half milk/half sour cream in place of buttermilk with good success (in baked goods)
A Few of My Favorite Things (June 2023)
3 hours ago
Post a Comment