Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yard Sale Report for August 7th, 2010

Hurray! Another beautiful Saturday morning for meandering through the city on my bike, checking out yard sales. I hit 7 of them this morning, and only made purchases at two of them. Oh well, at least I got a nice ride in while I was at it.

Here's this morning's loot:

-two large ceramic pots for $2 each (I have a couple of desperately pot-bound plants that will be *very* happy to move into these!)
-set of "finger crayons" and 8 five-piece place settings of flatware, plus matching butter knife and sugar spoon, all for $5 (the finger crayons are going in my gift cupboard, the cutlery means we finally have a complete matching set for the first time ever, lol)

Grand total for the morning: $9 for 12 items (I'm counting each 5 pce setting of cutlery as 1 item), or 75 cents per item.

I'm taking a break from bargain hunting (and blogging!) for a few days to go hang out in a tent in the woods with my family :) So don't worry if no new posts appear for a while - I'll rejoin the blogosphere by next Saturday at the latest! I may post a roundup of links to some of my older posts to check out while I'm gone if packing goes smoothly and I have the time to do so. Otherwise, I'll see you for my yard sale report next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails