Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekly Menu Retrospective #24


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!
 
Breakfasts: granola, carrot bran muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins

Lunches: Toad-in-the-hole, pizza, leftovers

Dinners:

Monday: Apple & Bacon Baked Beans, leftover roasted root vegetables, toast

Tuesday: Pork Parmesan, Broccoli, Bacon & Cheddar Salad with Old-Fashioned Boiled Dressing

Wednesday: Cabbage & Beef Soup

Thursday: Bean burritos

Friday: Bacon & Cheese Egg Puff

Saturday: Black Bean Chili

Sunday: Baked ham, Cheesy Vegetable Bake, Butterscotch Pudding

Snacks & Sides: apples, bananas, fresh pineapple, homemade yogurt, popcorn

For more great meal ideas, check out Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

  1. The broccoli salad and the veggie bake sound wonderful. I have bookmarked this post so I can come back to get those recipes later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thank you so much for the share. Also, if you are visit our website if you are looking for assistance with your nursing assignment:

    Nursing Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekly menu retrospective style seemed quite interesting and practical. We look at the past week’s menu which in turn improves meal planning and also puts a dent in the food waste. Similarly, better planning is also necessary in work matters, like when searching for the best cv writing service dubai, proper guidance and planning play an important role. Changing the menu according to the circumstances in daily life is a realistic approach.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails