Saturday, August 6, 2011

Yard Sale Report for August 6th, 2011

Today's yard sale experience can be summed up in one word:


STRIKEOUT!

I had only two yard sales on my list when I headed out this morning, and managed to find two more along the way. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything worth purchasing at any of them, so I came home empty handed - I think that may be the first time that's happened this season.

Hopefully, I'll have better luck next week!

Did you find anything great this weekend? Please tell me all about it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Maybe everyone's away on vacation? The bright side is that you'll have more to spend when the pickings are better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my CSA saturday morning to volunteer and missed out on most of the sales. I did stop into a thrift store on Sunday and pick up a gallon size iced tea jar which I've been desperately looking for as a glass replacement to my water jar. Still a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wasn't a weekend score, but I'm so excited about it, I had to share. I'm on an ongoing search for canning jars so have been hitting the local thrift stores pretty regularly. Today I found half a dozen of the jars I'm looking for at $.25 each, and then out of the corner of my eye I saw a Braun juicer. $7.99. I brought it home, and gave the screen a light scrub with baking soda to remove what looked like carrot juice stains. It looks like new now. I'm thinking it was used once.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails