Friday, June 14, 2013

Top 5 Food Deals: June 14-20, 2013


Welcome to this Friday's roundup of the "Top 5" food deals in my area for the coming week. While some of the deals will be exclusive to the Hamilton area, many of them will be available throughout most or all of Ontario, depending on the stores involved in a particular sale. Sale prices end June 20th unless otherwise noted.

Here are my picks for this week:

1. Lactantia butter
2/$5 at Metro - this is the third week running that name brand butter has been on sale for a great price. I can't remember the last time I saw butter on sale for $2.50/lb!

2. Ontario red or green leaf lettuce
$1.29 each at Metro, $1 each at Freshco (Freshco sale ends June 19).

3. Ontario asparagus
Ontario asparagus is $1.97/lb at No Frills again this week and $1.99/lb at Fortinos

4. Ontario zucchini
Ontario zucchini are now available and on sale this week for $0.99/lb at Fortinos

5. Live lobsters
Lobster is not something I buy too much of on our food budget :) However, this week they are $5.99/lb at Fortinos, half the regular price. Seeing as how it's Father's Day this weekend, this would be a great way to treat the dads in your life.

Happy shopping! 

Want ALL the best weekly deals, plus menu plans and grocery lists based on what's on sale and in season? I will be launching a new weekly budget menu plan service in early July, featuring the best weekly deals and seasonal foods in Southern Ontario. I now have a free sample menu available, so email me if you'd like a copy! 

Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails