Friday, June 21, 2013

Top 5 Food Deals: June 21-27, 2013


Welcome to this Friday's roundup of the "Top 5" food deals in my area for the coming week. While some of the deals will be exclusive to the Hamilton area, many of them will be available throughout most or all of Ontario, depending on the stores involved in a particular sale. Sale prices end June 27th unless otherwise noted.

Here are my picks for this week:

1. Fresh pineapples
$1.44 each at Food Basics

2. Local strawberries
$2.49/quart at Fortinos - this is not much more than we pay per quart when we pick them ourselves!

3. Dried apricots
99 cents/200 g package at Food Basics and Metro. This is an excellent price for apricots; I was skeptical how the quality would be the first time I saw these come on sale for this price; however after trying them I think they are just as good as the ones that I buy from the Bulk Barn.

4. Salad greens
Ontario romaine lettuce is $1.00 each at Freshco and spinach is 97 cents/bunch at No Frills and Freshco (Freshco sale prices end June 26th)

5. Shrimp
The odds are pretty slim that I would be featuring seafood two weeks in a row in my weekly picks - but it just so happens that I am! Last week it was a great deal on lobster, this time it's raw zipperback Pacific white shrimp for $5.99/lb at Fortinos. These will sometimes go on for as low as $4.99, but this is still a great deal at $5 off per pound! I have been buying these shrimp for a while now (when they're on sale, of course!) and my whole family has commented on how great they taste. 

Happy shopping! 

Want ALL the best weekly deals, plus menu plans and grocery lists based on what's on sale and in season? I will be launching a new, super-affordably-priced weekly budget menu plan service in early July, featuring the best weekly deals and seasonal foods in Southern Ontario. You can read more about it here. I have a free sample menu available, which you can check out here! 
Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails