Friday, May 31, 2013

Top 5 Food Deals: May 31-June 6th, 2013

 

I have a growing number of people asking me to post the best weekly food deals. I am finally responding to that request starting this week. Every Friday, I will be posting a roundup of the "Top 5" food deals in my area for the coming week. While some of the deals will be exclusive to the Hamilton area, many of them will be available throughout most or all of Ontario, depending on the stores involved in a particular sale. Sale prices end June 6th unless otherwise noted.

Here are my picks for this week:

1. Cracker Barrel Cheese
$3.99 for the 500 g bars at Metro - this is an extremely low, rarely-seen price for this product and is only available Friday, Saturday and Sunday

2. Sweet Cherries
$1.97/lb at Food Basics, organic cherries are $4.99/lb at Fortinos

3. Boneless pork loin
$1/lb while supplies last at No Frills (as part of their $1 sale)

4. Lactantia butter
$2.99/lb at Fortinos

5. White or yellow potatoes 
$1.99/10 lb bag at Fortinos

Happy shopping!

DID YOU KNOW? I now have an events page! Come find out where you can catch up with me at a signing, seminar, workshop or food demo HERE.

Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails