Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekly Yard Sale Report for July 10, 2010

 Hurray! The intense heat we've had all week dissipated after some heavy rain yesterday. I woke up to a gorgeous, sunny and warm (but not *HOT*) morning - the perfect weather for hitting the yard sale circuit.

I had four advertised sales to check out today, and stumbled on another unadvertised one along the way. For the first time in a while, I found some good stuff at the first sale of the day.

Here are this morning's motley assortment of purchases:

-a Coleman cooler jug (yup, another one - remember last week how I said I wanted one more?), three nifty little wire boxes (you can only see 2 in the photo) and a metal star-shaped something-or-other for a total of $1.25. I'm going to use the wire boxes as recipe card holders - they are the exact right size and so much cuter than those nasty plastic holders! I'm not too sure what I'm going to use the star thingy for yet, but a metal star thingy is guaranteed to be useful for one of my "rustic country Christmas" schemes and it was only five cents.

-an outdoor light fixture and a real Thermos brand stainless steel Thermos for $1 each. If you've been following my yard sale adventures for a while, you may recall that I've been keeping an eye out for a stainless thermos jug like this for awhile - I finally found it - YAY! The outdoor light fixture is replacing the one over the back door which is old and hideous. It just needs a bit of cleaning up, steel wooling and a coat of white spray paint and it'll be all ready to go!)

-a white serving platter (I like the textured dots around the edge!) and a pair of New Balance runners for $3.00. I thought the runners were going to be for my older son, but they fit my hubby perfectly, so he's going to stash them away for his next pair (we just paid $16.19 for his current pair on our last Value Village trip - it's not often I find a pair his size at a yard sale!)

Grand total for the day: $6.25 for 9 items, or 69 cents per item.

Sunday morning update:

I hit one more, Sunday-only sale this morning, and came home with the following:


-a good quality wood 5x7 picture frame

-four medium-sized drinking glasses (I actually got 5, then saw that one was cracked when I got them home - guess I didn't look at that one closely enough! It may get used as a pencil holder instead) Glasses seem to get broken fairly frequently in our house so I'm always on the lookout for good quality ones to stash away as replacements.

-a small heavy-bottomed pot; I've been looking for one of these for a while too, to use for melting wax and assorted other messy craft projects that I don't want to use my good saucepan for!

I paid $5 for all of the above.

That brings my grand total for the weekend to $11.25 for 15 items, or 75 cents an item.

Did you find any great deals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails