Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Mid-summer Yard Sale Report

It's been much longer than usual since I shared an update of my yard sale finds. It seems the Yard Sale Gods have been conspiring against me for the past few weeks, and either there haven't been any good sales to check out, the weather has been uncooperative, or I have had something else that I've absolutely had to do on Saturday morning.

Nevertheless, I have managed to score a few good deals and I figured it's time I got around to sharing them!

First up is this wintery-themed story book, which I picked up for 25 cents. It's already tucked away in my gift cupboard for Christmas giving.



 I found some more adult-oriented reading material later on. I knew this book on the history of four of Hamilton's heritage neighbourhoods would be right up my husband's alley, as he's a huge Hamilton history buff, so it was totally worth the $2.00 asking price. I debated saving it for our anniversary (September) or Christmas, but in the end I just gave it to him straight away and he pored over it for hours and hours that weekend :) I think we'll be doing a number of the walking tours from the book, lots of fascinating details about so many of the buildings!



It's been a while since I succumbed to my basket addiction, but at a neighbourhood moving sale I couldn't resist snapping all of these stylish containers (two baskets and a wooden box with some nifty curlicue detailing) up for a total of $2.00.



At a church rummage sale, I stumbled across something I'd been on the lookout for since just about forever (well, okay, maybe not quite that long, but it's definitely been a while!):



 A Pyrex loaf pan, for which I paid 50 cents. I have one, but two is much better so I can bake two "normal" shaped loaves of bread at once (rather than one normal and one round loaf, which is what I have been doing). Yeah, I know I could have gone and bought one on sale at any number of stores, but where's the fun in that? :)

My final find was 4 of these Ikea baskets for $2.00 each. I have 4 of the taller version of these baskets (which we incorporated into the storage unit we built in our front entranceway) and this size of square basket seems to come in handy for so many things that I snapped them up. My 13 year old son claimed one as soon as he laid eyes on them, so I'm sure they're all going to be put to good use.


That's it for my latest round of yard saling adventures!

Grand total: $12.75 for 10 items, or an average of $1.28 an item.

Have you made any great yard sale finds lately?

A couple of things I wanted to let you know about:

1. I'll be blogging sporadically for the rest of the summer as we're going on a family vacation for a week and then I have a friend coming to visit from Albuquerque for 10 days in August!

2. You can catch me at a few live appearances in August: I'll be on CHCH Morning Live on Tuesday, August 6th at 8:20 a.m. EST discussing my book and budget menu planning service, and preparing a couple of simple, inexpensive and tasty recipes using local and seasonal ingredients. I'll also be doing demos in the Community Kitchen at the Hamilton Farmers' Market on August 24th and 31st (more info will be available HERE soon).

Love what you read here? Find out how you can help support this blog. 

Want to stay connected in between blog posts?

Click HERE to follow me on Pinterest 

Click HERE to follow me on Twitter

Click HERE to like Abundance on a Dime on Facebook and get updates and tips on living frugally

Click HERE to like Cheap Appétit on Facebook and get updates and tips on frugal eating and cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails