Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekly Menu Retrospective #13 (Halloween Edition)


Welcome to my weekly roundup of the past week's eats. I prefer to report what we ate in the last week, rather than what we're planning to eat in the coming week. Why? The reason is pretty simple: although I usually have a general idea of what we're going to eat in the next week or so, life often unfolds a little differently than planned, and I adjust my menu plan on a near-daily basis to accommodate leftovers and other not-possible-to-plan-ahead circumstances. I find this is the easiest way to ensure that I minimize our family's food waste. I'm also willing to admit that I'm a rather spontaneous cook, given to preparing foods that strike me as the most appealing thing to eat right here and now!  


Breakfasts: chocolate chip banana muffins, cornbread with jam, homemade granola, gingerbread muffins, pancakes and bacon

Lunches: perogies, pizza, leftover soup

Dinners:

Monday: Turkey & vegetable coconut curry

Tuesday: Lentil soup with cornbread

Wednesday: Ham, rice and cauliflower casserole (used leftover rice from Monday and made a variation of this Cheesy Vegetable Casserole)

Thursday: Omelets, Parmesan & Herb Potatoes, Creamy Cucumber Salad

Friday: Leftover buffet


Saturday: another leftover buffet - we had a lot of leftovers!!

Sunday: pizza

Snacks and sides: apples, grapes, bananas, sliced raw veggies, homemade yogurt, popcorn, banana bread

For more great meal ideas, head over to Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails